[WriteLog] new user questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] new user questions
From: JDY18@aol.com (JDY18@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 14:02:13 EST
Hello to all. I am new to Writelog and also to this reflector. I have a
couple of new user questions.

1. I figured out how to copy RTTY using the sound card in my computer. That
seems to work fine. However, I haven't been able to transmit. I can put copy
into the type-ahead buffer, but when I click "transmit" nothing happens. Any
idea what I am doing wrong?

2. When I set up the various windows I want to use for a contest, is there
some way to save this set-up, either on a contest-by-contest basis or a
default basis?

3. Is there any way I can get the program to ask for a confirmation when I
add an entry to the log? I can see myself hitting enter when I really just
want to tab to another field, or else entering a call by mistake. Can I set
up the program to ask me if I really want to enter that call?

thanks to all for any help on these questions.
Jay, W2KD