[WriteLog] WriteLog and FT1000MP for RTTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog and FT1000MP for RTTY
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 13:35:29 +0000
Ed,

Rtty mode on FT1000mp assumes FSK input on RTTY din plug. Use the PKT mode
and feed you afsk audio from sound card output to Patch In jack, or the
microphone connector or you can even use the DVS connector although I don't
recommend that. Easiest is the Patch In using audio ground loop isolation.
Make sure WriteLog knows you are in LSB is really FSK either by checking
that menu item or if you are using CAT by setting the FSK button (even thou
you are using AFSK).

Hope this helps quickly.

See you in the test.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 07:50 AM 1/6/01 -0500, you wrote:

>Am trying to setup for RR using WriteLog, RigBlaster, FT1000MP and can
>receive on RTTY setting on rig but will not transmit.  Tried Packet setting,
>and just lower sideband.  Will transmit on lower sideband.
>
>The quality of receive translate in lower sideband is not as good as with
>either RTTY or PKT settings on rig.  Would like to not use Kam + but need
>help to get over this one last hurdle.
>
>Thanks
>Ed
>

>--