[WriteLog] PSK mode in the contest problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PSK mode in the contest problem
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 22:14:05 -0000
Bill,
If the MP is like the D, I turn the IF shift knob to about 3 o'clock to
put the 1000 Hz tones in the center of the passband. This is with
the radio in PKT/LSB mode.

I found that the AFC didn't work very well. If a signal was off freq,
the AFC seemed to wander blindly without centering on the signal.
Another problem I noticed was if AFC was on, while I was
transmitting, it wandered and never came back to the signal when
back in rcve. I tended to use RIT for fine tuning.

I would love to see a Digipan-like (waterfall and click on the signal)
display in Writelog for PSK. Wayne, add it to the request list!

73 Barry

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com