[WriteLog] Setting Up For NAQP/CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Setting Up For NAQP/CW
From: rbrann@midcoast.com (Raymond W. Brann)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 01:17:06 -0500
Hi, Been thinking I'd try the NAQP/CW this weekend for my first venture
into contesting.

I'd like to get some info from you folks abt some of the setup details.

WriteLog already has the basic format for this contest pretty well set.
I've checked the rules for the contest and it seems the "exchange" is
rather straightforward also.

I'd like to program the exchange into the CW/SSB/RTTY messages
that use the Function Keys such as:

F2: CQ/My Call
F3: MyName/QTH
F4:??
F5:??

How do you folks set them up for this particular contest?

Another question is the use of the CW decoder.
Seems that it copies OK on a strong signal but even then it's a
tad slow...........is that my imagination?
Does anyone use it during a contest?

I feel like a kid waiting for this weekend and won't be disappointed no
matter what my score.

Hope to get some suggestion on my questions from those with prior
experience.

Thanks
Ray