[WriteLog] USB Hub entrega (xircom) multiport and IC 706 MKIIG

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB Hub entrega (xircom) multiport and IC 706 MKIIG
From: n6ws@msn.com (Bill & Chris Shell)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 08:28:52 -0800
Sigi,

I have the entrega 6-port adapter (4-serial & 2-USB) and it does not work
for CW keying. The adapter will not assert the RTS or DTR pins.  It works
flawlessly for the radio connections.  I use one of the ports that are on
the PC for keying, and use the USB adapter only for connection to the
radios.  I have not tried the entrega adapter for FSK keying, but I would
assume I would have the same problem.  I don't receive any error messages
when I try to use the port for keying, it simply will not work.

I do have a single USB to serial adapter made by SIIG that works for the
keying.  It unfortunately uses a 25-pin connector, and I have built all my
cables with 9-pins.  Hi Hi

73, Bill
N6WS
n6ws@msn.com