[WriteLog] Free....or not???

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Free....or not???
From: n1jp@arrl.net (John Pritt)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:53:33 -0500
Below is from the e-mail sent to the reflector by Stan Jan 20 .

Hello everyone, 10.23F is ready at the below address. To
download 10.23F you will need a new registration code if
you haven't purchased or updated since Sep, 10th, 2000, to
present date.

I'm confused, the WEB site says that this upgrade is free to anyone who has
purchased WL since 01/01/2000 as stated here.

Description Size
WL1023FUPG.ZIP(01/01/20)
WriteLog version 10.23 is  a free upgrade for anyone who has purchased
WriteLog since January, 2000. You do not need a new registration code if you
are currently running 10.19 or higher. Look in Help About to confirm. If you
are running any earlier version, contact k5dj@writelog.com to purchase a new
registration code

Now, I purchased mine in March of 2000 and it's version 10.16B. How could it
be FREE if purchased since Jan ,2000 if version 10.23 wasn't even available
then. And what's this e-mail above all about?  I sent an e-mail to Stan on
Sunday but have not received a reply yet. The whole thing is a giant
contradiction. I love the program and I guess I'm willing to pay for an
upgrade already, but can anyone explain to me what all this is about??,
Please

Thanks in advance......John