[WriteLog] Edit Sub-bands Initialization for Packet spots

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Edit Sub-bands Initialization for Packet spots
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:56:19 -0600
When I first ran version 10.23F, all the packetspots that were in the
RTTY subband were showing red with a red x.   I checked the Edit
Subbands program with WriteLog and they were correct for RTTY.
In order to get the spots to show up normally and not in red, I had
to save them even though the file existed already.

If you have this problem do this:

Go to the Start button, then Programs and to WriteLog v10 and click
on Edit Sub-bands.  Single click on the + sign next to the mode you
want to edit and look at the sub-bands for each band.  They should
already be set by default.  If they look OK to you, click Save... at the bottom.

Highlight USA_Extra and hit OK.  A window will pop up and say
"File USA_Extra Subbands exists.  Replace it?", click Yes.  Click Exit
and you should be good to go.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work straight out of the box.  Perhaps because
I am using DX-Telnet and it's associated WriteLog Spot Linker.

I don't know how WriteLog works with these subbands.  Perhaps you have
to do that for each mode.  Maybe writelog looks at the contest you are doing
to determine whether or not to allow spots in that mode's subband.  In
any case, all spots with the Digital subband are now showing up as
Green for me.

Hope this avoids some confusion.

See everyone in the BARTG RTTY Sprint this weekend.  24 hours of good
fun.  For rules check:

http://www.bartg.demon.co.uk/Contests/01_sprint_rules.htm

This is a fun contest.  Operators that have scored in the top 10 in other
BARTG RTTY contests in the last 3 years must operate in the Expert class,
so that gives the little guys a better chance in the Single Operator class.
I think there is suppose to be a 5 minute band change rule for single ops
(not Expert) this but I don't see it in the rules.  I'll try to get
clarification on
this from them before this weekend.

73,
Don Hill, AA5AU