[WriteLog] AFSK/FSK

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AFSK/FSK
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:03:46 -0000
Terry -

Your tones could certainly be upside-down as Jay suggests, or for some
reason you might not be keying at all.   How to tell?   Listen to yourself
on a borrowed receiver or transceiver with the antenna disconnected --  at
least you'll know by the switching of the tones that something is happening.
Plugs and cables don't always connect solidly as they should.   And a cheap
used receiver or a backup transceiver is a very good investment in checking
your signal's quality even after you're sure it's keying right-side-up.  I
find it's a good idea to listen to my own signal every few days, even with
the built-in monitoring on my TS-850.

Listening for you on the weekend!

73,    Jon     K1US