[WriteLog] WPX Pfx question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WPX Pfx question
From: edlyn@california.com (Eddie Schneider)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:38:45 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry N1EU" <n1eu@hotmail.com>

> Negative.  This question comes up all the time.  I'm fairly
certain that
> KL9A/7 is KL7 no matter what self-assigned prefix you may dream up
;-)

Sorry Barry, but for RTTY WPX, David can sign KL9A/exotic USA
prefix, as long as the chosen prefix has been issued in the
state/call area from whence the signal emits.

2001 RTTY WPX rules;

1. A prefix is the letter/numeral combination which forms the first
part of the amateur call. Examples: N8, W8, AB8, DL5, DJ2, HG1,
WD200, WF96, 3DA0, GB75, ZS66, U3, etc. Any difference in the
numbering, lettering, or order of same shall constitute a separate
prefix.

** A station operating from a DXCC country different from that
indicated by its callsign is required to sign portable. The portable
prefix must be an authorized prefix of the country/call area of
operation.**

In cases of portable operation the portable designator will then
become the prefix. Example: AB5KD operating from Wake Island would
sign AB5KD/KH9 or AB5KD/NH9. American DX (KL7, KH6, KP2, KH3, etc.)
operating within the 48 states must sign with a full designator of
their choice. KH6XXX operating from Ohio must use an authorized
prefix for the U.S. 8th district (W8, K8, etc.)

73 Eddie W6/G0AZT  3 yrs WPX mngr, now log checker :-)