[WriteLog] so2r

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] so2r
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:55:37 -0800 (PST)
Shouldn't be too difficult, assuming you can use
either of the P38's (on their own serial ports)
without any problem.

I assume you have enough serial ports (you'll need 4
if you want to do rig control and TNC control for 2
rigs)

1. Start Writelog and make sure both radios are set up
properly for rig control (if you're using rig control
- and you probably are).
2. Go to Radio | Number of Radios and pick "2". This
will change the QSO entry window so there are two rows
- one for radio left and one for radio right.
3. Click on the QSO Entry Window to activate one or
the other radio.
4. Go to Window | RTTY Window
5. Set up the parameters for that window (Com port, TU
Type) for the P-38 attached to the radio selected in
step 3.
6. Click on the QSO Entry window again, this time
activating the OTHER radio
7. Repeat step 5, setting up the other P-38 or DXP-38
or whatever is attached to rig 2.
8. In order to get the rig control interface to show
the proper frequency for each rig, you have to click
on the button where the frequency would be displayed
and pick the correct COM port for that rig.
9. IMPORTANT -- Do a Setup | Save Configuration to
save these settings. Otherwise you get to do this all
over again. I make it a habit to save configuration
every time I'm ready to exit the program, just in case
I changed something.

Have fun - SO2R is a whole new ballgame... I would
advise you run a couple hours at the start with just
one radio so you can get over the jitters and not be
totally distracted by the second radio.

73,

-Marty NW0L
 martyt@pobox.com