[WriteLog] Re: PCI Serial Card Update

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: PCI Serial Card Update
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 08:19:36 -0600
No - I've only used the extra serial ports from Windows apps (WriteLog to
be specific) - I haven't tried them on any DOS app (heck, I don't even
remember the last time I brought up a DOS box on my machine!)

They apparently make a DOS driver for the card but given how difficult it
is to get simple things to run under DOS these days, I wouldn't expect it
to be a trivial project!

73,

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com

At 08:54 AM 2/7/01 -0500, tgstewart@pepco.com wrote:

>Actually I'm mostly concerned about it's working with WF1B's RTTY for
>networking, packet,  etc.  I normally dont use COM ports with RITTY, opting
>for the LPT instead.
>
>Also interested if it works with other contesting programs such as CT, NA,
>and TR.
>
>73, Ty K3MM

                     "WA9ALS
-
>                     John"                 To:     <wf1b-rtty@wf1b.com>,

                     <jfleming@shel        <writelog@contesting.com>

                     bynet.net>            cc:

                     Sent by:              Subject:     Re: PCI Serial Card
Update
>                     owner-wf1b-rtt

                     y@wf1b.com

                     02/07/2001