[WriteLog] WL operating problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL operating problems
From: wa0sxv@mellinger.com (Mike Mellinger WA0SXV)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:26:19 -0600
The behavior you describe with additional "F" keys confusing the PK232
and/or Writelog is consistent with what I have observed for *some* TNC's
running RTTY on Writelog.  But not all TNC's.

With the SCS PTC-II (on RTTY), you can hit multiple "F" keys and everything
works fine.

With the DXP38, a second "F" key before the first message is finished
results in truncation of the first message, the second not being properly
sent, and frequently a requirement to reset the interface.

Using CW on the serial port (rather than the TNC) you can hit multiple "F"
keys just fine.  In fact, I operated the DX CW weekend without the need to
restart Writelog at all and with zero CW problems running CW from the serial
port.  Version was 10.24.

73,
Mike WA0SXV