[WriteLog] Suggestions....

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Suggestions....
From: jay@ieway.com (Jay)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:13:19 -0800
At 04:05 PM 2/23/01 +0100, Fidel Leon Martin wrote:
>       -The spot window is very nice with the new colours, but in the ARRL was
almost unusable... Not only you get out-of-band spots (altought in
different colours, a little improvement btw), you even get spots *not*
usable in the test, as I am not interested at all in getting spots not in K
or VE in the ARRL DX test, and I found myself quickly cluttered with the
huge amount of spots coming from the cluster announcing EU and AS stations.

You need to change the band segments to suit yourself.  Contest Operators
and cluster users need to learn how to filter spots. Its easy to filter out
that which you don't want.  DXTelnet users have this feature as well.

Contact your LOCAL cluster operator for some assistance on the filter
ability of the cluster.

See:  http://www.yccc.org/ysa/manual/ysaman6.htm#spot

Under DXTelnet (highly recommended) Set Configuration -- Filter.