[WriteLog] Re: WL to DX4Win

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: WL to DX4Win
From: howk2@hotmail.com (Howard Klein)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 01:23:56
Steve try this. I hope I explained it well enough. If you need some more
help don't hesitate. Let me know how this works.
73 Howard....K2HK

In WL save file as, comma delimited ASCII. Then I usually
move it to Import directory of DX4win. In DX4win go to File/Import-Export.
In the list locate  Writelog by W5XD. Select /Filter/Copy. This will give
you the same filter with a new name, "&Writelo". Hilight  that filter and
select /Filter/Edit. Under ID change name to Awritelo.Select Fields tab.
Click window that has Awd group. From drop down go to rstS. Go to position
and type 36. In length type 3. Back to field window and select rstR (note it
comes before rstS).In position window type 39; length again 3. Back to Field
scroll down to State. Then Position 42; length 2. Click file save changes
and exit.

Copy this file and name it, awritelo.pro
12 callsign
8  date
5  time
3  mode
7  freq khz
2  state

Copy this file and name it, awritelo.bat

rem writelog conversion for ascii delimited
cvdelim writelog.pro %1
Copy both files to the DXwin/import directory. Start Dx4win and choose
File/Import/Awritelo/File/Import/***.txt. (e.g. 160ssb.txt}.

Further modifications can be made using this example.