[WriteLog] "Hot Key" for Rotator? and other questions.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] "Hot Key" for Rotator? and other questions.
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 01:37:26 -0000
All of WL's menu items have the standard Windows keyboard
access. The rotator is at ALT+R Z. You have to press
the Alt first. You can release it before the R or after
the Z or any time in between.

After you press the Alt key, Windows will draw an underline
under the letters in the menu titles that are keyboard
shortcuts. If you right click the Windows desk top, choose
Properties, and go to the Effects tab, there is a toggle
button labeled "Hide keyboard Navigation indicators until I
use the Alt key". That setting determines whether you can
see the underlines all the time, or just after you press
Alt.

All of the above applies to pretty much ALL Windows
programs.

Yes, I know, the key sequence involves 3 keys. Everybody
wants their own favorite short cut to be only two keys
long. There are not enough of those keys to make everyone
happy. WriteLog does not have a built-in, personalizable
shortcut mapping facility. Maybe some day it will. However,
there are third party programs that will do the trick.

Wayne, W5XD