[WriteLog] Computer Noise with Soundcard

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Computer Noise with Soundcard
From: af4z@palmnet.net (Don Winn)
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 14:02:19 -0500
When playing back recorded audio files , I have a very noticeable crackle
and at time buzz like the digital signals are getting into my soundcard's
audio .  It is a OLD Creative Labs Blaster 16 with SCSI-2.  I have noticed
it with Audio CDs also.
The computer is a clone with CYRIX 300MHz and SIS chip set.  Is anyone else
using this card?  I don't need the SCSI-2 port  so maybe a new PCI SB16
would  fix the problem.  Has anyone else had this problem and did you find
a solution?
Don  AF4Z