[WriteLog] Easter Egg found in WL with RITTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Easter Egg found in WL with RITTY
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:23:30 -0500
With much due respect to my friend Bill, we need to nip this thread in
the bud ASAP.  The Easter Egg mentioned is the infamous RITTY licensing
message.  If you transmit 10 times without including the callsign to
which the program is licensed, RITTY will transmit a message similar to
"RITTY v4.5 licensed to [callsign]".  Many of us have seen this message
several times from others during a contest, and it MIGHT indicate
pirated software.  As long as your behavior is "normal" (including your
callsign once in awhile), you will not get this unwanted message if
you're using licensed software.

Please let's don't debate whether Brian has the right to make our
transmitters transmit something we didn't intend.  That's old news...
You gotta live with it or not use his sofware.