[WriteLog] Suggestions from ARRL DX SSB

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Suggestions from ARRL DX SSB
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 19:23:25 -0500
Here are some improvement suggestions from 25 hours in ARRL DX SSB:

1. Doing a ^G to a QSO number doesn't work correctly any more. For example,
if I enter 820^G, it goes to QSO 889. Perhaps WL is using the absolute
offset instead of the "serial number"? I think this feature was always off
by one, but something in the fixes to the serial number code seems to have
made it off by a lot more.

2. When a packet spot is grabbed from the Packet Spot window, it is
correctly put in the Entry window that has keyboard focus. However, the
transmit focus is immediately moved to that window, which is not correct.
The situation is that radio #1 is calling CQ and I want to queue a packet
spot for radio #2 and have radio #2 go to the frequency indicated in the
packet spot. I want to listen on that frequency first before I hit F4 to
send my call. The way it works now, the CQ is interrupted as soon as the
spot is grabbed. The bottom line is that it is very awkward to try to work
packet spots on the second radio in an SO2R setup.

3. U.S. stations were listed as new mults in the packet spot window. I
realize that U.S. spots could have been filtered out at the packet node, but
it seems to me that a station that doesn't count for a mult in a contest
should not be listed as a new mult.

73, Dick WC1M