[WriteLog] Trouble With Byterunner PI-400 Card and Paccket

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Trouble With Byterunner PI-400 Card and Paccket
From: k4sb@akorn.net (Ed)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:05:36 +0000

Eric Rosenberg wrote:

> I have a Byterunner PCI-400 4-port PCI serial card that I successfully
> used in my old P1/166.
>
> I can't get it to work on my P3/550 machine, where the card provides
> com 3-4-5-6...

Well, one error and one solution come to mind. IRQ6 is dedicated to
the floppy drive controller and will not work if one is installed.

Solution is to disable the floppys in BIOS and then you should be able
to use the card.

I also wonder about that card even using IRQ6. Have you checked to see
if perhaps that port will work when using IRQ9. Thinking of a misprint
here.

73
Ed