[WriteLog] sound card afsk "tail"

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] sound card afsk "tail"
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:38:42 -0000
Wayne suggested:

>PTT_BEGIN_HOLD=0
>PTT_END_HOLD=0

Wayne, really appreciate your clarifying this, as I had thought that these
lines applied only to dumb terminals.  The help file states:

"[Rttyrite]
time in milliseconds that the dumb terminal will hold PTT at the end of a
transmission
PTT_END_HOLD=200
PTT_BEGIN_HOLD=200"

I've just applied the two lines (with =0)  to my single radio dual
decode/FSK setup with ST-8000 on one window and SB-64 on the other.  Much
snappier now in FSK using either one.  After BARTG will see what they do for
AFSK, as I've never been able to reduce the tails or overcome stuttering.
(AMD-K6 400 mhz, 256mB RAM W98)

Thanks,

Jon     K1US

BTW, to those wondering how to TX and log with one radio from either of two
decode windows, just push the entry window freq buttons and set each one to
the same radio control port.  Logging is accurate, though the button
readouts will lag until the entry window is current.