[WriteLog] Rig interfacing

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Rig interfacing
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 23:20:26 -0000
I am not familiar with the IC-737, and you are correct: WL's Icom
driver won't work unless it matches the ID  of your particular rig,
and 3C does not match any of WL's existing rig drivers.

Can you send me the documentation for the COMM port interface for
the '737 please? Its not as simple as adding support for the 3C
ID. Over the years, Icom has introduced commands supported by only
some rigs, and the corresponding WL driver needs to know which
Icom it is in order to work properly.

Thanks,
Wayne, W5XD