[WriteLog] CW problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW problems
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 22:55:14 -0000
1. No RX.
I suspect from your description you have the RTTY window up in CW
mode along with the multi-channel CW window at the same time? If
so, that's the problem. Only one works at a time. WL has only
one "engine" attached to the sound board. The RTTY window configures
it as a single channel, but tunable, while the CW panel in the
main WL display configures it multi-channel, fixed frequencies.

2. No TX.
Need more info. The same "Port Setup" dialog where you entered
"PC Generates" has a whole column of buttons where the column
title is "CW". How are those buttons set? Depending on that,
you will get a CW signal coming from your PC from a COMM port
or (if you're running Windows 95/98) an LPT port.

Wayne