[WriteLog] Dead Mic ?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Dead Mic ?
From: gbright@bellsouth.net (Grant Bright, Ph.D.)
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 19:25:02 -0400
Hi Al,

I guess most of the really active members are in Dayton.

When I read the subject line, my first thought was to check the
WlogSbControl program, but you have already done that.

With the mike control greyed out, this means the WL program cannot
detect your mike control circuit. I am understanding that you have
built in sound control on your motherboard, in lieu of a dedicated
card.

One idea to try is to bring up your regular program sound control,
double click on the volume control<<properties and then check under
recording properties and see if  microphone is checked and/or
selected.

If your sound works in DigiPan, it would seem it would work in WL.

Sometimes the solutions are not readily apparent, but perhaps with
these clues you will come across the solution

73s,

Grant
W4OJC