[WriteLog] Reflections on Dayton - KB9SIZ

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Reflections on Dayton - KB9SIZ
From: jwittmer@halcomm.com (Joe Wittmer)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:11:15 -0500
Hi Group!

Wow has it only been a week since Dayton...?

Now that most of us are recovered from the Dayton weekend I would like to
mention a few highlights from the trip from my view and Thank some people
for their work... I will try and keep this short... But there is a Lot to
Say about Dayton...

First Thanks....

Many thanks to Bill K9GWT and Linda Henry for supporting the RTTY group
activities at Dayton. The RTTY Journal and HAL Communications Corp. support
for our weekend activities and is very much appreciated.

Uncle Dale W6IWO does a lot of preparation and 'foot work' for our groups
reservations. This is a very big task and is very much appreciated by
everyone. Dale is the mover and shaker when it comes to the Dayton
gathering.

Thanks Jay WS7I and Betsy WV7Y for an excellent Contestor's Banquet Dinner.
Tim Totten, N4GN presentation was fantastic and we all had a great time.
K5DJ's shoes are hard to fill... And, you both did a wonderful job!

Also, thank you Jay and Betsy, Bill and Linda for your help with the RTTY
Journal dinner as well. This year was everything came together real nice.

And, thank you all who attended this years festivities. Especially those who
attended the Saturday night RTTY Journal banquet. It was great to meet with
all of you again and meet some new RTTY friends... John Fleming WA9ALS gave
a very excellent presentation to his trip to VP5RY. It was a real pleasure
to see a DXpedition that would be a very nice family getaway - especially to
a ham with a couple of young children myself :-) Thanks agn John for all of
your work.

Highlites of the trip...

The guy wearing cowboy boots while in shorts was a good one...

The guy with the tower on his helmet looked like he gained another section
this year. I also noticed he had a buddy with him this year. Maybe to guy
it???

The beef tips at the RJ dinner...

The swarm at the flee market around the 'junk' pile... What did they do
anyways... Dump a semi-truck full of 'goodies'???

Seeing Bill Henry K9GWT win his own door prize an atomic Clock at the RJ
Dinner was a hoot... He graciously turned it down for another winner to take
it home...

Chatting with all of the RTTY guys - each one of you!

The beef tips at the RJ dinner...

The picture of AA5AU's towers was real nice... Since WT4I brought it...
futher explaination necessary, but shouldn't have missed it yourself... hi
hi

Tim Totten, N4GN's presentation with the very large amplifier was very
interesting... And, howabout that contesting tip... I bet there is a run on
the ***** at the stores now... (should have been there... :-)

And I especially liked the photo of John's relaxing view during his
presentation. How his feet were in the picture without drowning the camera
is beyond me... hi hi

The beef tips at the RJ dinner...

The QSL cards were real nice... Many more signed in on the marker board, but
now I have some real neat QSL cards to bring home...

Some on the board were  N2QCA, N5ZM, W5UQ, N2FF, N6NKO/9, AB8K, N6TQS,
OE1KTS, KA6A, WT4I, W7DPW, DK3VN, N8NHC, K9IO, W6IWO, SM7BHM, K4WW, KP2N,
K5DJ, K9GWT, K6EP, W1ZT, K0BX, VE3UR, ZL0AAF, N7RY, N7XZV...

Did I mention - The beef tips at the RJ dinner... :-)

We had several Dayton Newbees this year which was fantastic.

There is much more to say about Dayton 2001... But, I am not that recovered
yet... hi hi

I hope everyone had a safe trip home and a very nice holiday weekend. Maybe
you were able to play with that new toy or get some of that antenna work
done. It was certainly a pleasant weekend in the Midwest this past Sunday
and Monday.

Looking forward to seeing you all again and catch you on the air!

Thanks again for all who attended!

VRY 73
Joe Wittmer KB9SIZ