[WriteLog] W5XD+ Keyer Problem.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD+ Keyer Problem.
From: sp7nmw@bonus.com.pl (Pawel SP7PS (ex SP7NMW))
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:31:31 -0000
Hello WL Users,

I have just assembled the W5XD+ Keyer. It works almost great, but I ave one
question: how it should play with headphones function? Let me explain:

1. Headphones normal - OK, you hear the active radio in both ears
2. Headphones split - left radio in left, right in right. Easy and clear
3. Headphone LATCH - I do not know this feature. It seems nice, when I press
buffor key (e.g. F2 - CQ TEST....) on radio LEFT, you can hear ONLY radio
RIGHT. It is very good and let you concentrate to look for new multipliers
on radio RIGHT. But the problem is, that if I play CQ on LEFT radio and
found any station on RIGHT radio and want to check that callsign in RIGHT
"QSO Entry Window" it stops CQ on LEFT radio. I think, it should still play
CQ on left one and I could check the callsign of another station in second
QSO Entry Window. It should stop CQ on one radio, but only if I press any
message (F4, F5, etc) on second radio.

Do you have any idea, how to make the W5XD (Keyer, not Wayne) to play my
game?

Best 73's
Pawel, SP7PS
SN7N in contests