[WriteLog] re: Writelog/Icom Interface

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] re: Writelog/Icom Interface
From: mike.walker@home.com (Mike Walker)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 17:24:41 -0400
Roger

I think if you just make sure that Writelog knows which com port the Radio
is connected to and what the Hex Address of the radio is, then you will
find that it works.

My IC-756PRO and IC-706 MKii work just fine, but they have to be on their
own unique com ports (ie:   Com 1 Com2).

I don't think you need to worry about the address of the CI-V.  It 'may' be
part of future programming that Icom or software writers never fully exploited.

Mike VA3MW

At 05:55 PM 6/10/01 +0000, Roger Parsons wrote:

>Thanks all for the answers about the polling time.
>
>But the address I am talking about is the Writelog address - not the
>address of the radio. The CI-V interface requires that both the radio and
>the 'other device' (Writelog) have an address.
>
>TIA
>
>73 Roger
>VE3ZI

Mike Walker                          Corbeil Contest Club
VA3MW                                                FN03
VA3MW-7 DX Cluster 145.03 via VE3TPG in Toronto
DX Custer - telnet//:va3mw.homeip.net:41112
Port Credit Weather:  http://portcreditwx.webhop.org