[WriteLog] DVK Looking for a good circuit

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DVK Looking for a good circuit
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 06:41:22 -0500
> You'd be well advised to run the SBrdChk.exe program (available on the
> WriteLog web site) on the computer you intend to use, to verify that the
> soundcard supports the features needed to make the DVK useful.

AMEN! AMEN!

If you look hard enough, you should be able to find some specific
information on the sound used for your Dell of interest - much better info
than from other manufacturers I've explored.  Taking the SBrdChk.exe program
into a local store on a FD and running it on the machine of interest is a
GREAT idea.

The Inspiron 5000E and 7500 use the Maestro-2E, but they apparently are not
in production anymore and have been replaced with the "improved" line - hi!

You might also want to take a look at my sound card/Writelog site at
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/sound_results.htm

Marty, would you complete the survey at
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/sound_survey.htm - If you completed it before, I
don't seem to have it, and your Inspiron 4000 experience should be there!
Thanks - 73