[WriteLog] Helpful Hint

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Helpful Hint
From: n3hs@qsl.net (Stan Staten)
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:17:20 -0400
While setting up my radio and portable computer for field day, I couldn't
seem to copy things right with Writelog.  When I ran MMTTY it indicated
overflow.  The level was just too high for the mic input at almost any
volume contrl setting.  I had to turn the volume almost all the way down to
make it work. It was set so low that it was almost off and very sensitive
to small adjustments.  I had a Radio Shack attenuator cable in my box that
I had previously used to patch the radio output to a tape recorded.  This
cable did the trick and now things are working just fine.  Thought that
others might find this attenuator cable info useful.

73 Stan, N3HS