[WriteLog] Writelogs All Asia age discrimination

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelogs All Asia age discrimination
From: jbastin@sssnet.com (John E Bastin)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:19:48 -0400
At 8:58 AM -0700 6/18/01, Fritz Schewe wrote:

>I wonder if anyone else had the problem I had using writelog for the All Asia
>contest.
>It seems that every time the age number was over 50 I got an UNKNOWN MULT in
>red.  And I would be denied the ability to enter the QSO.  So, I had to change
>the age to under 50 enter the QSO and then use the QSO editor to change the
>age exchange back to the proper number.  well after 30 or so QSOs this got a
>little tiresome.  So I ended my AA contest pursuit.
>
>Di anyone else experience this, and Is there a way to fix this?

I operated the All Asia DX contest this past weekend, and I was able to enter
whatever age the other operator gave me, in the exchange. Perhaps something has
gotten corrupted in your contest module.

I don't have a good solution, other than trying to create a new log and seeing
if you get the same results. Your experience is NOT the way the All Asia log is
supposed to work.

--
J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net