[WriteLog] Re: 2001 CQ/RJ RTTY WPX UBNs.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: 2001 CQ/RJ RTTY WPX UBNs.
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:42:52 -0500
> 5. Arguing about specific instances in YOUR log is a lot less useful to
the
> groups on these reflectors than understanding how the log checkers check
the
> logs when you submit them and how they take away the QSO's.

About a year ago I asked a naive question of a major contest sponsor.  He
told me that he would tell me a little of how they check logs, but also
explained that unfortunately contest sponsors are reluctant to
explain -exactly- how the logs are checked.  He went on to explain how there
are actually those who would game the system.  Armed with the knowledge of
what the checkers are looking for, these unscruptulous ops would insert
bogus calls into their log in certain paterns etc.  Pretty crappy, eh?

Anyway, be kind to the checkers.  If you lose a plaque by 1 QSO, I'd ask
politely about the how/when/why of the logic used, but otherwise I'd like to
assume we're all honest and that the checkers have our best -overall-
interests at heart!  73