[WriteLog] MMTTY-WL ALT-K obs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY-WL ALT-K obs
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:39:57 -0500
Here's my observations with WIN2000 and running FSK:

Main obs, is that -anything- might/has happened!  No discenable patterns
yet.

1.  "Usually" when I hit alt-k, the old alt-k window comes up and the
rig -doesn't- key or idle.  If I hit alt-k again, then the "Type Ahead"
window comes up.;  Now I can type in this window and then click on the
transmit button and things go out as expected.  Then I can hit alt-k and
close the type ahead window, but the alt-k window that opened first stays
open until I hit alt-k yet another time.

2.  Weirdest thing yet was this - One time while in QSO with Don this
evening, I hit alt-k and the alt-k window opened as would be expected, and
the rig -did- start idling!  However, when I started typing, the rig stayed
in IDLE, AND THE TEXT STARTED APPEARING IN THE RTTYRITE WINDOW IN BLACK!!
hee hee No telling what you will see next!

Hope these observations are helpful and the authors will see what's going
on.  I think many are going to be excited about using this combo!  It's
worth waiting for.  Now if MMTTY could also use the "other" channel...  ;-))