[WriteLog] Audio recording on 1000MP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Audio recording on 1000MP
From: va3na@rac.ca (Nick Lekic)
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:03:40 -0400

Hi Andy and all others who replied.

You were right.   I didn't get the monitor audio from 1000MP rear Af Out jack
because I was using mono jack on the cable.   Once I replaced cable mono jacks
with stereo all works as it should.

Now, when I record the audio by using Af Out jack on 1000MP,  Writelog will
record as following:
    In RX mode - main rx audio is recorded on the left channel and sub rx audio
on the right channel.
    In TX mode - left channel is silent and monitor audio is recorded on the
right channel.

When I use Writelog's Audio Review to listen to the recording I hear Main RX
audio in the left ear and my monitor audio (either in CW and SSB mode) in the
right ear.  I find this a bit annoying as the audio "jumps" between channels
(and my ears) every time I transmit but that is the way it is supposed to work.

Naturally if the Sub RX is engaged at any time,  RX audio is heard on the right
channel.

If  I use, say, front headphones output jack for recording, both Main and Sub
RX audio and monitor audio are mixed and recorded equally on both channels.  I
find this most convenient when using Writelog's Audio Review to listen to the
recorded audio.

Again, thanks to all who helped me with this.

73,  Nick

va3na