[WriteLog] dupe automatic avoidance system

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] dupe automatic avoidance system
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:59:39 -0500
Just playing a bit of s&p in the contest today. Just playing.
I had this happen twice so far.
As I was watching the ball game on TV also I didn't always look at the
screen.
But I selected a call that was a dupe.
When I hit F4 to send my call nothing happened. I looked, saw the dupe info
line, and did a alt w.
I then found a new one and it worked properly when I hit the F key.

Gee it's sort of like that automatic collision avoidance system in
airliners.
It won't let me work a dupe.
Now I've never experienced this before today and I'm using the same version
(latest) on a few contests prior to today.

Boy..this software is good. HI

There is nothing so unbecoming on the beach as a wet kilt.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com