[WriteLog] A question concerning bandplans

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] A question concerning bandplans
From: ei6iz@newsguy.com (brendan Minish)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:18:16 +0000
Hi My name is Brendan Minish (EI6IZ) and I am new to using writelog so
apologies if this is a FAQ but I could not find anything that seemed to
help in the archives, my problem is this.

I have reconfigured  the US-extra bandplan to reflect the European bandplan
and set this as the default bandplan.
This seems to be working as the bandmap window is now showing the correct
Sub bands, however if I click on a DX spot in the bandmap writelog still
follows the US bandplan when it comes to setting the mode, this means that
SSB spots on 40 don't work correctly. DX spots at the bottom of the
European Phone section on 80 don't work correctly either.
my modified band plan is showing up ok in the bandmap window, frequencies
above 7040 are SSB in Europe yet even if I set my bandplan up as 7000-7040
CW,  7030-7040 Data and 7040-7100 SSB clicking on 40 m spots always selects CW.

Same mode error happens if I click on a spot in the packet spots window, is
this designed to slow down Europeans in Contests <VBG>

How do I fix this?

Is there a keyboard shortcut for the insert text annotation command?

Is there a way to set up the size of the data fields in the log, for
example I want a 30 character long remarks field for use when general
purpose logging?

I am using writelog 10.26B

I hope to see some of you as EI0A in the upcoming IOTA contest
73's Brendan Minish (EI6IZ)