[WriteLog] Sequence #'s clarified

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sequence #'s clarified
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:01:18 -0500
This is just a non-score post to the group to say that it was op error as
usual, rather than a WL problem, that was responsible for my sequence
numbers having gaps.  I'm sure most of you assumed that anyway!  The problem
was that I had "reserved" a sequence number for the second radio by clicking
on a call that I planned to pounce on (but never did).  Then I made some
QSOs on the first radio, thus "skipping" the number reserved for the Q on
the second radio that was later "wiped".

And as someone kindly pointed out, it doesn't matter if the sequence numbers
have gaps.  I knew that - It just made me wonder if the scoring was correct
when I had a difference of 10 or so at the time between the total seq number
and the total Qs showing in the Band Summary.  I should've realized the
problem right away, but didn't.  SORRY!

Just wanted to clarify - Writelog appeared to work perfectly for me in this
contest.  I ran 2 radios in FSK Stereo Soundboard configuration.  I used to
run one radio with Rttyrite or with Rttyrite with RITTY, and another radio
with the DXP38.  THis was my first time with both radios using Rttyrite and
the soundcard - I liked it!  73