[WriteLog] IOTA entry field

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] IOTA entry field
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:08:27 -0000
Hi Clive,

I sat down with this yesterday to try and do the same thing. I have a
complete listing of the current IOTA list (a site linked via DXbase 2002
logging program) that I entered - electronically - into the namedmult.ini
file. Tried the same thing but the program would not call it. So I think
what we're doing is the answer (but it would mean that it would now need to
be maintained with the new IOTA's coming on the list...). I don't know if
the program validates the IOTA against the list anyway since I have not done
the IOTA contest. Anyone try and enter an invalid IOTA and see if the
program takes it?

I also tried, besides IOTA, Islands on the air, Islands On The Air, Islands
on the air as the heading hoping that there would be a match that the
program would call. So right now we're missing the link back to the
namedmult.ini.

Technically, of course, the program is asking you to put in the correct
designation for the IOTA. It's just we're trying to make it easier on the
keyboard entry.

Unfortunately, I believe Wayne is on vacation this week and won't be back
before the IOTA contest is over. So I'm not sure we'll get this one settled
before the contest.

CU...Scot, K9JY

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site http://www.k9jy.com