[Re: [WriteLog] Any way to interface via USB or IRda]

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Re: [WriteLog] Any way to interface via USB or IRda]
From: ac5aa@usa.net (Duane Calvin)
Date: 30 Aug 2001 23:53:35 CDT
Not sure if I posted something on this already or not.  Regarding PCI Serial
port extenders, I use a Lava (made in Canada) card which I purchased locally,
and it has worked fine for me.  Also comes with software that allows you to
remap the COM ports in case your software is old enough that it doesn't
recognize COM ports greater than COM4.  They have a web link:
   www.lavalink.com

It installed and ran fine without disturbing any of my USB or other COM port
applications.

At this same time, a similar thread is being discussed on the DX4WIN
reflector, if you are looking for more info.

  73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas