[WriteLog] CW Port on WIN2K machine

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW Port on WIN2K machine
From: dieven@msn.com (Dick Dievendorff)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 11:58:12 -0700
I would be very surprised if the current WriteLog offers LPT1 for a device
driver that it doesn't expect.  I'd expect that Writelog would figure out
that it's on Windows 2000 (or NT, or XP) and grey out the box without
looking for a device driver that it doesn't expect.

I've decided to spring for the external keyer, which solves this problem,
does a lot of two-radio stuff, and also solves the problem of keying
glitches if I happen to do something else on the multi-tasking OS.

I believe that it is possible to write a real-time keying device driver for
Windows NT (2000, XP), but that doesn't seem to have universally taken hold
as yet.

Dick