[WriteLog] 2 soundcard RTTY modems?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] 2 soundcard RTTY modems?
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:11:15 -0500
I think it is only a guess at this point whether or not WriteLog would
work with 2 sound cards in the same computer.  You can conceivably
install 2 sound cards in one computer.  This discussion has come up
before, but I don't know that I remember anyone actually doing it with
WriteLog.

Although I run two separate computers, one for each radio, in my
SO2R setup, I can imagine why SO2R on one screen can be desired
(it's easier to look at one screen instead of 2).

Since MMTTY and RITTY are so good, someone probably needs to
try it on one computer, given they have the talent and resources.  I've
never run RITTY, one well-known RTTY contester has compared the
two as "nearly equally".

I still subscribe to the 2 computer SO2R strategy in case of failure
of any kind.  SO2R with two separate, complete RTTY stations with
the 2 computers networked is my preference.  Combining a TNC with
a sound card on each computer/radio in a dual receive or dual receive/
FSK transmit configuration is a proven winner with WriteLog.

OK, who will be the first to try the two sound cards in one computer
configuration?

73, Don AA5AU