[WriteLog] F/S : Max Speed - 8-port PCI Serial Controller

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] F/S : Max Speed - 8-port PCI Serial Controller
From: n1hko@arrl.net (N1HKO - Bill Fleming)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 21:30:53 -0400
going to Ebay...

<bold>Economical Performance and Speed</bold>

The RISC architecture of the PS8 gives you high
speed, reliable throughput with absolute minimum host overhead
under any conditions. All ports can operate at their maximum
throughput of 230 Kbps (sustained rate) simultaneously, with or
without hardware handshaking (RTS/CTS, XON/XOF).

<bold>Easy Access & Installation</bold>

The PS8 controller is a short PCI card that slides easily into any
available location, and is immediately recognized by the operating
system. It requires no IRQ's, DMA's, jumpers or special I/O
addresses

<bold>Specifications</bold>

Ports: 8

Baud Rates: up to 230 Kbps

Aggregate: 1840Kbps

Host Mem.: 8K

Flow Control: XON/XOF,RTS/CTS

Bus: PCI

Included with card are all three Octopus cables: DB25, DB9 and
RJ45. Only the DB9 was used for testing. The other are still in
factory packaging. MSRP is approx. $850.00

The unit is virtually new. Used once for testing only. The unit was
acquired for use in a high end Multi-processor workstation. The
ONLY fault of the controller is that the drivers will not run under the
NT Multi Processor Kernel. All other O/S are supported: 95,98, NT
(single processor), linux & unix.

Pictures can be seen at:

http://www.digitalpromotions.net/ebay/Maxspeed.jpg

http://www.digitalpromotions.net/ebay/Maxspeed02.jpg

http://www.digitalpromotions.net/ebay/Maxspeed03.jpg

http://www.digitalpromotions.net/ebay/Maxspeed_cable.jpg

</color>For more info, see maxspeed web page at

http://www.maxspeed.com/Products/ps8.html

<nofill>
Bill Fleming
Amateur Radio Station(s) - N1HKO, 8P9AM, PJ2/N1HKO, P4/N1HKO
ARES District Emergency Coordiantor - American Red Cross Liaison
RACES Radio Officer
Manchester, New Hampshire

P O Box 5973
Manchester, NH 03108-5973