[WriteLog] Keying CW in SO2R?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Keying CW in SO2R?
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:01:56 -0500
> WL is a terrific program. It is a shame old features break sometimes as
> other new features are implemented.

How sure are we that it's broken?  I think Don mentioned it.  I asked him
whether he was handling PTT via the CAT cable or a serial port.  He was
using the CAT cable.  How about you, Barry?

I'm using 2R RTTY with both PTT's via separate interface cables from COM
ports.  My v1027G works perfectly in this regard.  I specifically tested it
back and forth a number of times.

I just wondered if there was a clue somewhere in all this if it worked OK
with COM port PTT and not with CAT PTT, with all or just certain rigs??
Sounds like this might be holding up any needed fix - works OK for some and
not others...?