[WriteLog] Here are my RTTY messages

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Here are my RTTY messages
From: dhill@cprk.com (Hill, Don)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:12:31 -0500
One thing I see that John has not included that
I wanted to point out.  In the past few contests,
I've been using %B in my F9 buffer. What this does
is place the callsign that is in the Entry Window
on the Bandmap.  So as I'm in the S&P mode and I
come across a station that is a dupe, I click on it,
then hit F9 and it goes in the Bandmap, then move
on to the next station.

I also program one of the buttons above the Entry
Window with %B also.  This way if I click on a dupe,
then click on, say the "CALL" button, the call is
put on the bandmap.  This is a very fast way to map
the band and probably more important when SO2R than
with a single radio.

For those that don't know about the buttons atop
the Entry Window:

For CQWW RTTY, you have buttons that say "CALL",
"RCV", "ZN", "QTH", "COUNTRY" and "C".  Each one of
these buttons can be transmit buffers.  To program
the buttons, hold down the "Shift" key on the keyboard
and then click on the button you wish to program
with your mouse and a window will pop up where you
can type in what you want.  Type in exactly as you
would a regular F key buffer.

For this contest, I would program "Call" with %B.  The
reason I do this is because sometimes I go to the
Entry Window with my mouse and accidentally hit the "Call"
button.  When I do this, all that happens is that the
call in the Entry Window gets put on the bandmap.  But
you could, if you want, program your "Call" in that
button like: %C DE AA5AU AA5AU K%E

For RCV you might program the exchange.  For ZN you
might program either:  ZONE?%E  or ZONE 4-4-4%E
For QTH you could program QTH?%E or QTH LA LA LA BK%E
You get the point.  That way, if someone asks you for
your QTH, all you do is hit the QTH button.

Just a suggestion.

Have fun, getting close now.

73, Don AA5AU