[WriteLog] Buying writelog?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Buying writelog?
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 07:57:33 -0500
--=====================_40312546==_.ALT

I used Pay Pal. There should be 3 numbers on your card or call your card
company to find out what they should be.
I called the author and he was very responsive, however he does not get
home till later in the day I think.

If you cannot contact the author it does not matter, you are out of luck.
There is no automated way to get the registry code. A severe limit in the
distribution method in my opinion. Many developers use software
distribution companies that accept credit card and provide the registration
immediately Too bad. I would pay a couple of dollars extra for that option.

I hope you succeed but time is short.

  At 08:10 9/27/2001, Andrew J. O'Brien wrote:
>Any hints on how I can BUY writelog?  I tried via their Paypal option but
>was not able to complete the transaction because  my credit card does not
>have the additional three numbers on the back (never needed that for other
>transactions on the web).
>I called the phone number and left a message but no call back, perhaps on
>vacation.  I emailed asking for ways to buy but no email response.  So , I
>guess they are busy or out of town.
>
>I would like to buy in time for the RTTY contest this weekend.
>
>Andy KB2EOQ

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_40312546==_.ALT

I used Pay Pal. There should be 3 numbers on your card or call your card
company to find out what they should be. <br>
I called the author and he was very responsive, however he does not get
home till later in the day I think.<br><br>
If you cannot contact the author it does not matter, you are out of luck.
There is no automated way to get the registry code. A severe limit in the
distribution method in my opinion. Many developers use software
distribution companies that accept credit card and provide the
registration immediately Too bad. I would pay a couple of dollars extra
for that option.<br><br>
I hope you succeed but time is short. <br><br>
&nbsp;At 08:10 9/27/2001, Andrew J. O'Brien wrote:<br>
writelog?&nbsp; I tried via their Paypal option but<br>
was not able to complete the transaction because&nbsp; my credit card
does not<br>
have the additional three numbers on the back (never needed that for
other<br>
transactions on the web).<br>
I called the phone number and left a message but no call back, perhaps
on<br>
vacation.&nbsp; I emailed asking for ways to buy but no email
response.&nbsp; So , I<br>
guess they are busy or out of town.<br><br>
I would like to buy in time for the RTTY contest this weekend.<br><br>
Andy KB2EOQ<br><br>