[WriteLog] yet more networking

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] yet more networking
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:52:33 +0000
Ok,

My networking for WriteLog is now working under Windows 2000.

The magic bullet was having an account on the destination computer that was
the SAME user as I was logged in as on the source computer. Then I can link
in either direction. The Group on the destination account does not seem to
matter - I ended up with User Group working. Although I am logged in on
both computers in the Administrators Group.

So this seems contrary to the Help file directions which seem to say -
------------------------------------
Step 2: Create a user account with a password
Create an NT user account that has a password. For some reason, NT will not
allow a network connection on an account with no password.  It is not
necessary for you to login on this account when you run WriteLog. It is
only necessary that the account exist.
I don't understand but it works so I will leave it along until after this
weekend. HI

Thanks for all the info and help

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC