[WriteLog] RTTY questions....

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY questions....
From: sentek@sprintmail.com (Floyd Sense)
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 00:54:26 -0400
Using Writelog for first time in an RTTY contest and noticed a couple of
peculiar items.   I'm using MMTTY with Writelog, decoding input with the
soundcard and using FSK on my TS-950SDX.

First problem: Haven't been able to pinpoint any pattern yet, but the AFC
button turns "on" every now and then and I want AFC to stay off.  The box
for AFC is not checked in the MMTTY setup.  Anyone know why it turns itself
on?

Second problem: If I mouse on a spot on the band map or in the spot window,
when Writelog sets the transceiver frequency it also resets the status of
menu item 28 in the 950, the RTTY reverse switch.  I must have it "on" since
my interface is inverting the FSK signal from Writelog via the serial port.
Any way to prevent this from happening?  The result, of course, is that I'm
sending "upside-down" after selecting a spot.

K8AC
Floyd Sense - Angier, NC