[WriteLog] Saving your configuration

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Saving your configuration
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 06:53:50 -0500
--=====================_423067008==_.ALT

At 19:31 10/3/2001, Jerry Pixton wrote:
>Gil, and others,
>
>There is a technique used by many of us. I first heard about it from Dick
>Stevens, N1RCT. It makes use of Bat files to save and reuse a copy of the
>writelog.ini,  and others like Fkeys.ini. Also can move your audio wave
>files into a general area.
>
>I have a ham directory on my "data" drive (so it gets backed up) that has
>the following subdirectories (contest, inifiles, qso, satellite, and
>wavefiles). The contest directory holds all the logs and reports from past
>contests. The inifiles directory holds ini files specialized for each
>contest. The qso directory holds monthly writelog files for general dxcc
>contacts. The satellite directory has monthly writelog files for my
>satellite contacts. And finally the wavefile directory is where all the
>wave files are kept for each contest.
>
>To get ready for each contest, I make new directories, make new copies of
>the batch file to save the contest ini files and to initialize the same
>files. Then I set up the WriteLog for that contest, copying the Function
>key message file from old contests. When all is setup, you save the
>writelog contest file and save the configuration files. I also make a
>backup copy of the contest file just before the test in case I have to
>restart things during the test. Also I make a copy for testing purposes to
>try logging contacts to see if all the behaviors are right.
>

>Here is a copy of the save file from last weekend --
>copy c:\winnt\writelog.ini d:\ham\inifiles\cqww_rtty_dx.ini
>copy c:\ham\fkeys\FKeys.ini d:\ham\inifiles\Fkeys\Fkeys_cqww_rtty_dx.ini
>pause
>exit

I have NO SUCH DIRECTORY as FKEYS. Where did that come from.
My F Keys seem to be in the Contest FIle.

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_423067008==_.ALT

At 19:31 10/3/2001, Jerry Pixton wrote:<br>
There is a technique used by many of us. I first heard about it from Dick
Stevens, N1RCT. It makes use of Bat files to save and reuse a copy of the
writelog.ini,&nbsp; and others like Fkeys.ini. Also can move your audio
wave files into a general area.<br><br>
I have a ham directory on my &quot;data&quot; drive (so it gets backed
up) that has the following subdirectories (contest, inifiles, qso,
satellite, and wavefiles). The contest directory holds all the logs and
reports from past contests. The inifiles directory holds ini files
specialized for each contest. The qso directory holds monthly writelog
files for general dxcc contacts. The satellite directory has monthly
writelog files for my satellite contacts. And finally the wavefile
directory is where all the wave files are kept for each
contest.<br><br>
To get ready for each contest, I make new directories, make new copies of
the batch file to save the contest ini files and to initialize the same
files. Then I set up the WriteLog for that contest, copying the Function
key message file from old contests. When all is setup, you save the
writelog contest file and save the configuration files. I also make a
backup copy of the contest file just before the test in case I have to
restart things during the test. Also I make a copy for testing purposes
to try logging contacts to see if all the behaviors are right.<br><br>
Here is a copy of the save file from last weekend --<br>
------------------------------------------<br>
copy c:\winnt\writelog.ini d:\ham\inifiles\cqww_rtty_dx.ini<br>
copy c:\ham\fkeys\FKeys.ini
d:\ham\inifiles\Fkeys\Fkeys_cqww_rtty_dx.ini<br>
pause<br>
I have NO SUCH DIRECTORY as FKEYS. Where did that come from.<br>
My F Keys seem to be in the Contest FIle.&nbsp; <br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
eudora="autourl">http://members.home.com/gbaron</a><br>
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'<br>
&quot;Baila como nadie te ve&quot; <br>