[WriteLog] time loss

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] time loss
From: w9hly@decaturnet.com (w9hly@decaturnet.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:16:40 -0500
Just curious, but I am wondering if others have the same problem.

During the past weekends contest (RTTY) I noticed at one time that
the computer clock was 7 minutes slow. I corrected t it and watched
it, the best I could, the rest of the contest. About a minute every two
hours is lost - a rough estimate. This morning, Thursday, I checked
the computer clock and it is right on. I have used it sparingly since
Sunday.

The ONLY program running was WriteLog/MMTTY!  No connection
to the Internet, no prefix checker, no this, no that. Is my particular
computer at fault or does using the WriteLog/MMTTY combo heavily
take that many clock pulses from the internal timer?

As I say, just curious.

Vern