[WriteLog] Incomplete control of 1000MP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Incomplete control of 1000MP
From: jbastin@sssnet.com (John E Bastin, K8AJS)
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 13:47:57 -0400
I've downloaded the 10.28 version upgrade of WL, and am running it on my laptop
(I wanted the Oceania contest module). Coincidentally, since my last contest
operation with WL, I've installed a couple of additional antennas and am now
using both antenna terminals on my 1000MP. Antenna information in the radio is
saved with the band information, so when I change bands on the front panel, the
proper antenna connector (A or B) is selected.

I've found with WL that when I select a frequency by clicking on a packet spot,
for instance, that the radio frequency is changed properly, but the antenna
information is not correct. I frequently find myself on the wrong antenna,
because the antenna isn't switched when the band is, unlike when I select a
band on the front panel.

I don't know if this is a problem specific to version 10.28, because when I was
using earlier versions, I was only using one antenna connector on the back of
the 1000MP.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with WriteLog? More importantly, does
anyone have a solution for it?

Thanks for any help.

J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
    http://www.geocities.com/~tarquin