FIXED: [WriteLog] "Could not create OLE object" help needed

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: FIXED: [WriteLog] "Could not create OLE object" help needed
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 18:03:45 -0500
OK, I found the fix.  It wasn't nice.  Thanks for all the suggestions,
but what happened was that I am making a guide to setting up DXTelnet
over a Network to use with WriteLog and was trying to determine if
DXT2WL.EXE was essential to the operation of UDPSEND.EXE.
It is, but that's a different story.

So I tried running DXT2WL.EXE from a location other than where I
previous ran it and it did not properly change the registry entry.

I had to go into the Windows Registry and search for DXT2WL until
I found an entry that did not show the correct path.  I compared it
directly with 2 other computers' registries that were running DXT2WL ok and
changed the location to the proper path.

Once I did that, the Packet Window now opens.  I will include these
findings on my WriteLog web site and will announce the opening of
the DXTelnet over a network with WriteLog pages when they are finished.

I sure learned a lot this afternoon.  I hope to pass this knowledge on to
the rest of you that are interested in this topic.

Whew!  I hate messing with the Registry, but it had to be done.

73, Don AA5AU