[WriteLog] WriteLog and IG9A

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog and IG9A
From: fgrisafi@tin.it (IT9GSF Fabio Grisafi)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 19:57:49 +0200
Hello Guys !

On OCT18th we will leave our QTHs for Lampedusa island (IG9A - CQ zone33 -
African Italy).
We will use WriteLog as logging software for our Multi Multi setup. It will
be a very hard
test for the software because our stations will be located in different
campers/caravans in a field day way.

The network will be composed by three hubs and ten PCs. All the computer
will use
Windows98 or WindowsME. Hardware will be, minimum, Celeron 600MHz with 128Mb
RAM and 4GB
Hard Disk.

We will record the received audio.

Just tested the network here at our QTH with six PCs and short network
cables. Nice to
shut off a computer (or an hub) and waiting for it after resume. WL works
fine !

But, at IG9A we will have a bad environment and we don't want to experience
bad jobs.

So, my question: do you have any suggestion about a pre contest work to let
WL to work properly for all 48 contest hours ?

We have the target of 21000 QSOs (last year we made 19000 and in 1999
20800).

Thank you in advance for your help,
Fabio, IT9GSF.

(One of IG9A MULTI MULTI)